Patna,(BiharTimes): Some RJD members of Bihar Assembly on Monday wrote an open letter to DGP Abhayanand and have raised 17 posers on the infamous gang-rape of a teenaged girl in Patna on June 14 in a flat in Rajvanshi Nagar in Patna on June 14.
The 10 questions are: * Under what circumstances the police chose to look the other way when a TV channel on July 12 continuously telecast the blurred video footage of the gang rape which is a cognizable offence?
* Why the police failed to institute a case even after the then City SP, Kim, visited the office of the TV channel, procured a copy of the CD and informed you (the DGP) on July 12 itself?
* A delegation of the State Women's Rights Commission visited the victim, recorded her statement and met you with a request to lodge an FIR. Why did you tell them that no action could be initiated in a rape case unless the victim filed a complaint despite the fact that the police could have acted even suo motu in such a case?
* Even when the women's commission procured a signed statement from the victim on July 18, why did the police lodge a flawed FIR and did not include the names of Saurabh and Sushant who figure in her statement recorded by a court under Section 164 CrPC?
* The five arrested boys belong to humble families. The father of sixth one, Sushant, is a senior official in Jharkhand. Saurabh's father is also said to be an influential person. Was this the reason behind the police bid to shield Sushant (initially) and Saurabh (till date)?
* Why Saurabh has not been arrested and his identity being concealed?
* How can the police say Sushant's domestic help Dinesh Paswan is Saurabh whereas Dinesh has said in his statement that Saurabh is a fair-complexioned, handsome boy and resides in a government quarter near the Hanuman Mandir?
* Why have the police not seized the cellphone with which the gang rape was filmed?* Why have the police arrested only six boys whereas the girl's statement before the court hints at the involvement of eight boys?
* Who are Saurabh and Rishabh to save whom the police are making new stories every now and then?
* Why the police did not allow the media to take photographs of the room which, according to the police, was the place of occurrence?
* What is the name of the owner of the Scorpio vehicle which was used to ferry the girl? Have the police interrogated him? If yes, what information did the police get from him?
* After watching the CD and on the basis of the statement of servant Dinesh Paswan, it is crystal clear that these persons are "professional rapists" who must have ruined the lives of many girls. Have the police tried to know about their other victims?
* Who are the police personnel and political bigwigs whose patronage these rapists were enjoying?
* Will the chief minister follow the 'rajdharma' (and ensure justice to the girl)?