Govt dismisses six BDOs for irregularities in Indira Awas Yojna

Patna,(BiharTimes): Rural Works Minister Nitish Mishra said that six Block Development Officers have been dismissed on the charges of irregularities in implementation of Indira Awas Yojna and proceedings against many others were underway.
Replying to a Short Notice Question of Akhtarul Imam (RJD), the Minister said in addition to dismissing the six BDOs, the department has recommended initiation of action against 10 others for irregularities in the Indira Awas Yojna.

Apart from this, the department has initiated departmental inquiry against 13 BDOs and four of them have been penalised.

A total of 75 BDOs have been sent back to their parent department following complaint of irregularities in the execution of Indira Awas Yojna.

Nitish Mishra said the scheme is in operation in Bihar since April 1, 1996. While 75 per cent of the money is provided by the Centre, the rest 25 per cent is borne by the state government.

Stating that a list of beneficiaries would be put on website soon he said in 2012-13 so far 6.76 lakh people have been provided house, out of the target of 9.06 lakh under the Indira Awas Yojana.




comments powered by Disqus


traffic analytics