Patna,(BiharTimes): Now it has come out that the teenaged school girl was gangraped by five youths aged between 17 and 20 on June 14 and not July 12. Though the CDs and MMS had been circulating in the market for quite a few days, yet the police did not take any action against anyone on the plea that the FIR was not lodged by the victim.
This sensational disclosure was made by a member of the Bihar Women’s Commission, Chandramukhi Devi. It was only when a private TV channel and some women’s rights groups took up the issue that the news came to the light on July 23.
An FIR has been lodged by Bihar Women’s Commission against the accused. The main accused is Prashant Jha, who called the girl to Rajvanshi Nagar house where the incident took place. She said that the Commission took suo motu cognisance of the report. “I myself took down the victim’s statement on Tuesday,” Chandramukhi Devi said.
She said that the Director General of Police Abhayanand was informed of the incident and the FIR was registered by the Commission in the women police station.
City superintendent of police Jayant Kant said a case under various Sections of Indian Penal Code and Information Technology Act were lodged with the women police station.
Meanwhile, Chief Judicial Magistrate Ramakant Yadav on Tuesday issued a non-bailable warrant against the prime accused in the alleged gangrape case.
The NBW was issued by the court following a prayer of the investigating officer of the case.