Police finds no proof of rape against former state IMA chief

Patna,(BiharTimes): Almost a month after a college girl accused the former state IMA chief of raping her, the Patna Police finally gave him a clean chit. However, the doctor was never arrested in this connection.
The police said that following probe it has failed to find any proof of the crime against Dr Ramesh Prasad Singh. The police is likely to submit their report before a city court on Monday.

Masaurhi ASP Saayli, who headed the investigating team, has been quoted by the Times of India as saying: “We have interrogated several people in this case. We also tried to reach all the places the victim could describe, includingDhanbad, Bokaro and Ranchi. According to her statement, she was kept blindfolded for 13 days but she could not remember the names of any of her tormentors.”

Even the final medical report of Patna Medical College and Hospital said there was no mark of external or internal injury on the person of the victim.

“The investigation could not find any evidence to prove that the doctor blackmailed the girl and forced her into physical relationship,” said the ASP. Police could not recover the alleged MMS clips and obscene photographs of the girl, which were allegedly used by the doctor to blackmail her.

But the family members refuse to accept the police version. The brother-in-law of the girl, Dhananjay, has expressed unhappiness with the investigation. “We are not happy with the progress of the investigation. The victim was interrogated by the ASP Masaurhi once but police could not make any further arrest. We will move the court on Monday to seek justice.”

He also said that the allegation of the victim changing her statements was baseless as her statement had already been recorded under Section 164 CrPC.

Meanwhile, Dr Ramesh Singh remained hospitalised almost throughout the probe period. He was discharged from the hospital only a few days back.
It needs to be recalled that the girl was found unconscious at Danapur railway station on October 9 and an FIR was lodged on October 10 with the Rajiv Nagar police station against three persons. She had gone missing on September 26. She had alleged that she was raped, blackmailed and abducted by the doctor and his associates.

She had then alleged that the doctor raped her during operation and created some video clippings which he later used to blackmail her. She had claimed that Dr Singh called her several times and sexually exploited her. Two persons Pranav and Deepu were also named by her.




comments powered by Disqus


traffic analytics